About the Role: Technology Services Lead
Department: Technology Services & Support Department
Goals & Objectives
● Plans, strategizes, configures and delivers outstanding Support and Services for our Members and location-based Member Teams
● To exceed Member expectations in the delivery of the core technology components of our Memberships
● Leverages existing, emerging, and innovative technologies to enhance the Member Experience and improve/streamline technology services processes
● Identify and deliver additional revenues for WeWork through the sale, installation and support of IT Services
Position Goals & Objectives
● To provide "Level 2" support and solutions uniquely tailored to our Members and Team Members. To use your knowledge and skills to diagnose issues and design, plan or implement a resolution in a timely and appropriate manner.
● To offer guidance, on an ongoing basis, to the Community Team Members to provide "Level 1" IT support for Members.
● To work collaboratively with, and provide solutions to, the other Member Technology Teams, (Networking, Audio Visual & IT Business Development) at your WeWork locations.
● Monitor the availability and reliability of the WeWork Member technology infrastructure. Using your unique skills identify opportunities for optimization and if needed, partner with other Member Technology Teams to design, plan and implement a resolution.
● Proactively ensure that Members issues are, where possible, anticipated and resolved before they happen. Evaluate and educate the Members on IT practices that maximize their working efficiency while at WeWork
● Identify chronic or recurring IT issues partnering, where needed, with other Member Technology Teams for a resolution
● Build strong relationships with our Members and Community Teams by using your specialized capabilities and your ability to influence a positive outcome
● Responsible for the performance of the IT infrastructure, services and education of the Community Teams in the designated group of WeWork locations.
● The primary interface for the Member Technology Team providing a positive experience for WeWork Members through tailored IT solutions and the development and implementation of installation plans
● Support to the Community and WeWork Members to solve advanced technical issues and implement corresponding solutions
● Provide prompt response to Member problems and requests while managing and maintaining the ZenDesk system
● Educate and assess capabilities related to IT troubleshooting practices for the location-based Community Teams to ensure they can provide level one technical support to the Members
● Responsible for identifying and selling Member IT Services that generate revenue for WeWork
● Manage and engage third party vendors to perform cabling repairs and approved installs
● Coordinate and partner with the Member Technology Networking Services Team with the troubleshooting and resolution of LAN & Wireless Network issues
● Coordinate and partner with the Member Technology Audio Visual Services Team with the configuration, administration and troubleshooting of location-based Audio Visual equipment
● Coordinate and partner with the Member Technology Business Development Team with the opening of new locations and the provision of services to our Enterprise Members
● The configuration of network printing resources including printer servers, printers and other peripheral devices
● An associate degree and 3 + years of technical experience preferred (support, field work, CCNA, etc.)
● Demonstrate excellent customer service skills including customer empathy, good customer diplomacy skills, and problem ownership
● Ability to use discretion and judgment in evaluating problems and creating solutions for Members
● Ability to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical users
● Expert knowledge of the operation of Microsoft and Apple based business applications and operating systems
● Knowledge of data networking principles and architecture
● Ability to maintain positive relationships with Members and internal Team Members
● Ability to use support tools to speed up problem-solving and improve own productivity
● Identify and consult with management regarding solutions to particular projects
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.