Job Description Summary
Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnostics, housekeeping, and repairs on buildings, not limited to building mechanical systems, plumbing, and electrical grid for assigned properties.
• Conducts physical inspections and repairs of the facility, grounds, premises, hallways, common areas, restrooms, etc. noting anything that might be in need of repair, maintenance, clean-up, or is a hazard and reports same to the appropriate building staff.
• Under direction of supervisor, will conduct repairs to the facilities and premises as assigned including painting, patching, office and kitchen equipment, furniture, walls, ceiling tiles, carpeting, floor tiles, etc.
• With direction from a supervisor, prioritize work orders, handle urgent requests, respond to tenant and client calls as required, and complete any and all assigned facility support, clean-up, maintenance, moving, event support, set-up, and repair work.
• Expected to support the various skilled trade personnel at a facility or complex in the performance and completion of their duties as needed and assigned
• Provides a safe and orderly work environment.
• Under direction of supervisor, create positive facility experience for all customers.
• Maintain KPI targets within defined parameters.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in facility maintenance, repairs, moving, freight/docks, or mechanical work
• Strong professional painting experience required
• High School Diploma or GED
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to use computers for work order processing, e-mail communication
• Must possess a high level of accuracy and neatness
• Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position including bending, squatting, stretching and lifting up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
• On occasion, may be required to lift items weighing 50 to 100 pounds
• Carpentry and Millwork installation and repair experience welcome
• Ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
• Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
• Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
• Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
• Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.